Kindly clarify on the following issue in the matter of Mutual Funds investments:
- In case of investments under schemes eligible u/s. 80 C of the I T Act, there is a lock in period of three years for redemption.
- After two years of the purchase I switched from divident pay out to growth plan.
- At the time of switch, I did not take any benefit u/s 80 C of I T Act since I had already taken it at the time of purchase.
- Now the MF has taken a stand that the lock-in-period of three years will start from the date of switch.
Accordingly they disallowed my redemption request.
- If the three years lock-in-period will shift to the date of switch from the date of purchase, even though no repeat benefit u/s 80 C of the I T Act is availed at the time of switch?
6 mar 2013