Less TDS Deducted in AY 2013-2014 than total Income Tax to be Paid..How to pay the balance?

POSTED BY manik shankar ON July 7, 2013 12:49 pm COMMENTS (3)

Hi Friends,

For Financial Year 2012-2013 Total Income Tax to be paid was Rs. 23100.

However my department deducted only Rs. 20000 as TDS by 31st March..

How to pay the balance Rs 3100? What is the procedure? Can it be paid online? Which Challan no. to be used?

If Challan No. 280 ITNS is to be used..what will be the minor head…Self Assessment (300) or Regular Assessment (400)… I am a Government Servant.

and Will there be any penalty?

3 replies on this article “Less TDS Deducted in AY 2013-2014 than total Income Tax to be Paid..How to pay the balance?”

1. Mohit Pandey says:

Dear Manik,

It should be Self Assessment because yourself is paying the tax…..

For interest part please use ITR 1 excel (can be downloaded from incometax website) and fill all the details as per Form 16 and click on Compute Tax button, this will give you balance tax with interest.

Regards
    -Mohit

2. manik shankar says:

Thanks Mohit for an informative reply..please guide me further..

in CHALLAN NO./ITNS 280 what will be the minor head…Self Assessment (300) or Regular Assessment (400)… I am a Government Servant.

and interest is getting added at what rate..how much do i need to pay now, say before July 31st..(i mean 3100 + how much interest).. In the site the interest is not auto calculated…

3. Mohit Pandey says:

Dear Manik,

Below is the options you can use to pay balance incometax:-

1) https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp , use this link any pay online, use CHALLAN NO./ITNS 280.

2) Use can also pay usgin net banking. Now these day almost all the bank provide this facility for there net banking user. Just log in to net banking any pay.

3) You can also pay offline. Just goto any bank (i.e. SBI) and submit the challan any pay the tax.

Please pay the tax asap because interest is getting added on your balance tax everyday.

Regards
    -Mohit

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.