Labour Concerned

POSTED BY MAHESH D ON October 1, 2012 9:43 pm ONE COMMENT

Dear Sir,

I am working in a private firm in Tumkur, Karnataka. The company has not paid salary to the employees’ from past 3 months, not paid the EPF, ESI, LIC from past 18 months and also not paid the Leave Salary of the Calender year 2011. Now the company is under Lay-Off. It also came to know from a reliable source that the company is for SALE. Now the employees’ are planning to bring this situation to the kind notice of Labour Officer by writing a letter to the Local Labour department and the Labour commissioner. Now the question is, writing a letter to department and telling them the problem we are facing will going to address the issue faster? OR by doing so the employees’ who are going to sign the letter will be put under mesh by dragging the issue to Labour Court? or something like that. If the company is going to close, employer has to pay all dues to the employees’ like Gratuity and mainly the compensation to the employees’. All this issues can be brought to the notice to concerned labour department?. Kindly clarify.

Thanks & Regards,


One reply on this article “Labour Concerned”

  1. Yes, I think it will be a good idea . Company has to first clear all the dues and only then they can pay the debtors !

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.