ITR Form for NRI living in UAE

POSTED BY mbgupta ON February 4, 2014 9:24 pm COMMENTS (3)


I am NRI staying in UAE. My source of income in INDIA is thru bank FDs, MFs, stocks

Please advise which ITR form is applicable. ITR-1 or ITR-2. I also need to furnish details of TDS for property purchase as per new rule.

Looking forward to your valuable advise.

3 replies on this article “ITR Form for NRI living in UAE”

  1. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Mbgupta, the LTCG if any arising from debt mutual fund, you need to report and pay tax on the same in ITR-2. Else for LTCG from Eq. MFs and stocks being tax free income, you may report it in ITR-2.



  2. mbgupta says:

    Thanks and if there’s no short term gain then, I can file ITR-1. Is it correct

  3. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Mbgupta, are you having any Short Term capital gains from MFs or Stocks? If the answer is yes, please file ITR-2.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.