ITR FORM for income from home based tuition

POSTED BY Nagarajan Santhan ON July 16, 2013 3:43 pm COMMENTS (8)


My sister is taking Tuition in her home and earn less than 2 Lakhs p.a. No other income source.

Which ITR form suitable for her to file returns ?


8 replies on this article “ITR FORM for income from home based tuition”

  1. Jatin says:

    My wife has Tution income & interest income from fixed deposits. Which ITR form to fill ITR return.

    1. It would be basic ITR 1 I guess, but better talk to CA once !

  2. NitinMittal says:

    Kindly advice which sheets of ITR 4 need to be filled in such a case. Do we need to fill profit and loss sheet ?

    1. Hi NitinMittal

      This query belongs to CA domain, hence we are not the right people to comment on this issue.

      I suggest you get in touch with a CA for this in your city.

      We also have a CA partner incase you want to explore that, Just fill in your details here and they will give you a complimentary call back


  3. Dear Nagarajan, the applicable form to her is ITR-4.



  4. Bunker Guide says:

    What if TDS has been deducted on her fixed deposits in her banks? If she has to claim the deducted tax back, then what will be the procedure to get refund?

    Form ITR-4 or ITR-4S SUGAM?

  5. Nagarajan Santhan says:

    HI Anand

    Please refere

    “If you have a permanent account number (PAN) but have not filed the income-tax returns, the taxman may be looking your way.”

    I thought to filing returns is good process irrespective of eligible or not.


  6. Anand says:

    No need to file the returns.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.