ITR filing for my father

POSTED BY monGenie ON August 19, 2013 3:22 pm COMMENTS (2)


My father is a 61 year old retired person. He has a PAN card but he never filed ITR (low income). My brother created multiple (8-10) FDs on his name and applied for 15-H form in the bank. Even after filling the 15-H form, bank has deducted the tax on the interest amount. How can I recover the tax? In the 15-H form my brother filled ‘last assessment year’ and ‘assessment officer’ fields, but since he never filed ITR I realized that my father was never really assessed. Since he has never filed ITR can he start filing now onwards?


2 replies on this article “ITR filing for my father”

  1. Dear Mongenie, as your father’s total Income is less than taxable limits, he can still file ITR & claim Tax refund of the TDS applied on FD interest.



  2. Mohit Pandey says:

    For getting tax return you have to file the ITR but since the last date of ITR filing is already gone so i have doubt you will get any returns this year.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.