IT returns acknowledgements (ITRV) got lost

POSTED BY hardik patel ON March 30, 2011 6:03 pm COMMENTS (3)

Hello All,

Is it possible to get pasts ITR-V (for about last 3 years only) by approaching our Income Tax Department? (given that the tax was not filed online)


3 replies on this article “IT returns acknowledgements (ITRV) got lost”

  1. Vishnu Prasath says:

    Theoritically, when you file your next IT return in Pune, all your existing returns & other documents should get transferred from Bangalore to Pune… (This is what I heard from one of the officer when I went to file return). But, it takes lot of time for this proces..

    So, you can contact Bangalore office where there is a better chance of getting it. That too, if you request them before this year’s filing.

  2. hardik patel says:

    thank you Ashal. One more question, since past 3 years I was in bangalore and got recently shifted to pune, so do I have to approach Bangalore’s Income Tax office/officer or Pune office/officer can also serve my request for this?


  3. ashal jauhari says:

    Dear Hardik, the answer lies in your question itself. Since the returns were not filed online, no ITR-V were generated. For the lost physical ITRs’ filed at your city Income Tax office, it’s advisable to write a letter to your assessing officer to provide you xerox copies of your prev. filed ITRs.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today