‘Intimation under section 245 of Income Tax Act

POSTED BY nsabhyankar ON February 21, 2013 12:00 pm COMMENTS (10)

10 replies on this article “‘Intimation under section 245 of Income Tax Act”

  1. shubham vasudeva says:


    I have got an notice from the IT DEPT.
    Under sec. 245 of IT act 1961

    Notice states that demand is raised under section 1431a
    A.Y : 2016-17
    I have aplied for return but it is now showing outstanding. Please guide me what has to be done regarding this.

    Thanking you

    1. Hi shubham vasudeva

      I suggest that you now take the RTI route. You can file the RTI and ask your queries to them. THey are bound to reply you on your queries.

      Its a bit long cut, but works well


  2. Dear Nsabhayankar, as you had filed physical ITR in that AY, you need to contact your local office of Income Tax where you originally filed your ITR.



  3. KKVP1984 says:

    Try selecting 9 from IVR option and speak to Customer Care executive,


    1 for ITR V Recieved or Proecessing status
    2 for Refund status
    3 for Rectification status
    9 for Other queries

  4. nsabhyankar@gmail.com says:

    I have registered on https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. I tried to check the ‘Rectification Request’ and entered the communication reference number on the notice I have received. However, the portal says the reference number is invalid!

  5. nsabhyankar@gmail.com says:

    It was filed physically through a friend. I will not get an online copy of the same, right?
    AY 08-09 (FY 07-08) was the first time I filed the return and there was only salary, no loan only HRA, PPF and some junk policies!

  6. KKVP1984 says:

    Hi nsabhyankar,

    I would suggest you to register in https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ (if not done already).

    You can contact below Toll Free numbers to get your query addressed,

    For Income tax related queries
    ASK: 18001801961

    For Rectification and Refund
    CPC: 18004252229

    For e-filing of Returns
    e-filing: 180042500025

    Working Hours: 9 AM to 8 PM (Mon – Sat)

  7. Dear Nsabhyanakr, please check your ITR for AY 2008-2009? Was there any Demand against it? How did you file your ITR then? Was it physical or online?



  8. nsabhyankar@gmail.com says:

    I am sorry. I don’t know why the details do not get published even if a message about successful posting is displayed. Here is the query:

    I am a salaried employee. I have recently received an ‘Intimation under section 245 of Income Tax Act’. It says that my IT return for AY 12-13 is being adjusted against an outstanding demand. Following are some details of the demand:

    Demand AY | Demand raised us | Demand raised date
    2009 | 1431a | 16-12-2011

    A demand identification number is also mentioned. Can it be used for obtaining details?

    How do I find out the details and why this demand has arisen? Does it have anything to do with a home loan?

    Please let me know if any more details are needed.


  9. Dear nsabhayankar, where is the detailed query?



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.