POSTED BY March 15, 2014 9:10 am ONE COMMENTON
I would like to know about these instruments, I have little basic understanding of these. These instruments are predominantly used by banks to raise either TIER I/II Capital. They are perpetual bonds.
1. Are these open for retail Investors?
2. Are these rated instruments?
3. Does these bonds has a secondary market?
4. are these bonds trade-able in the secondary market? price itself can result a huge capital gain???
5. What are the frequency of coupon payments?
Need to know
if these are better than the FD of banks? e.g. some of these offer 10.55% return, which over a long period of time i think are really good, given if these are secured(assuming I am completely risk averse)
Note: Tried Searching the Web, gone through RBI documents but couldn’t find the above details.