Information about Tax Refund through Cheque or ECS ?

POSTED BY sadiqmd ON September 25, 2013 7:54 am COMMENTS (2)

Hi Manish,

I would like to know few things:

1. If refund amount is above 50K, does Income Tax Department credit it through ECS/NEFT or they issue a cheque.

2. Also, what should be the address that we need to mention in ITRV while filing returns. a) One that is mentioned in PAN card or b) Present address at the time of filing returns.

3. If we have moved from the address that we have mentioned in the ITRV at the time of filing returns and the refund cheque has gone back, what is the procedure that needs to be done to get the refund again and to the present new address.

Kindly, please mail me regarding my above queries

2 replies on this article “Information about Tax Refund through Cheque or ECS ?”

  1. ashalanshu says:

    Dear sadiqmd, a typo error in the 3rd point above.

    *Refund rectification in e-filing site.



  2. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Sadiqmd, let me try to answer you.

    1. any refund amount in excess of 25K ‘ll be refunded only through cheque.
    2. Present address as all the mails ‘ll come to you on the address mentioned by you in ITR-V.
    3. Please update your address details in E-filing sheet for refund notifications.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.