Income Tax return form having different address from where I am residing

POSTED BY a k mishra ON June 18, 2014 5:28 pm COMMENTS (2)

Manish Chauhan Ji

I want to file RTI against Income tax for refund.But problem is that presently i am shifted to Orissa and my income tax return form having address of Maharastra

In that case if i file they will simply reject my application stating ” on verification person was not residing in this address”. Secondly i can’t find cpio address of income tax wardha maharastra for that i have tried official site but couldn’t get it.. Kindly help me to file right RTI application format for my case.

2 replies on this article “Income Tax return form having different address from where I am residing”

  1. a k mishra says:

    thank u for answering,
    pl find details of my case i was filed IT return of 2011-12 manually(ie not e return)
    at that time my service was at wardha- maharastra.After that i was continuous followed for refund up to dec-13 but no action . That time my address was of maharastra & bank account no was also of sbi maharastra. My bank account of maharastra is presently working.
    from jan-14 i am in orissa . NOW i want to file RTI without any address change or account no change,stating that now my address of correspondence is —. Can it work pl help in this direction what will be the format .

  2. Ashish Garg says:

    Update your address in Income tax records (by updating your address in PAN card) and then send across a letter to the IT Assessment officer pertaining to your old address marking a cc to new IT assessment office address, to shift your file to the new Assessment officer.

    All your records shall be transferred to new AO and then you can file and RTI. It may take some time such as 15-20 days.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.