POSTED BY September 5, 2014 4:25 pm NO COMMENTSON
I had taken a home loan of 19 Lakh from SBI for a Flat whose construction just started. The details are
1. Date of sanction of loan : 31.01.2011
2. Date of first disbursement : 10.05.2011
3. Pre-EMI Interest paid : Rs 105725/- till 31.05.2011
4. First EMI paid on 15.06.2012
5. Possession intimation given by builder : 20.05.2014
6. Date of flat registration : 02.07.2014
7. Date of final disbursement by bank : 18.07.2014
I have not claimed any income tax rebate on Home loan till date since my possession was due. My questions are :
1. Can I claim IT rebate for interests paid till date in coming 5 years ?
2. If not, is there any ways to claim the same, like getting back dated possession letter from builder before 31.03.2014?