Income tax notice because of incorrect employer TAN

POSTED BY Santosh Mahajan ON July 15, 2013 11:26 pm COMMENTS (3)


I got income tax notice with INTIMATION U / S 1 4 3 ( 1 ) O F T H E I N C O M E T A X A C T , 1961.
The reason is, my employer paid taxes in 2 installments and with different TAN. I confirmed that in 26A certificate that employer paid correct taxes but while filing TAN, I entered only one.

now how can I rectify this error? Also income tax notice says some interest on outstanding amount. I hope I don’t have to worry about that. will uploading xml will do or I will have to sign and send it to bangalore office as well?

Thanks and best regards,
Santosh Mahajan.

3 replies on this article “Income tax notice because of incorrect employer TAN”

  1. Mohit Pandey says:

    You are welcome Santosh 🙂

  2. Santosh Mahajan says:

    Thanks a lot Mohit!
    This forum has always been to my rescue and with such a short turn around time.

    I hope I can file rectification within next 15 days.

  3. Mohit Pandey says:


    No need to worry, since you haven’t entered another TAN, IT department were not able to track the full TDS.

    Add both the TAN and provide TDS details correctly for corresponding TAN and file the rectification. If you file rectification the no need to send anything to bangalore office. If you are re-filling again then you have to repeat the full process.

    Since you got tax demand due to not filling the another TAN you no need to worry about interest on outstanding amount. But make sure that no tax is pending on you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.