Income Tax Filing. Rectification Status

POSTED BY Prabhu Sugumaran ON July 8, 2012 12:24 am COMMENTS (3)


I had in the last financial year had payed 27K as self assessment Tax, as the calculation in Form 16 didn’t account entirely. I made this payment online via my bank account. However later on I received a mail from CPC saying that I am required to pay the tax(27K). The executive who filed my returns said that rectification filing on IT website can be made giving credit to the self assessment tax paid. Thus a rectification request was uploaded.

How do I know if the rectification uploaded was accepted by the IT? The rectification status page does not give any details.

Please advise.


3 replies on this article “Income Tax Filing. Rectification Status”

  1. Dear Prabhu, please write an e-mail to the id given into the demand notice served to you. You ‘ll get the updated info. By the way, make sure, this 27K tax is reflected in your form 26AS.



    1. Prabhu Sugumaran says:

      Hi Ashal,

      Thanks. I shall do as you suggested. And yes, the tax I paid does reflect in the Form 26AS for the AY 2011-2012

      1. Dear Prabhu, as the tax detail is available in your form 26AS, no reason to worry.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.