Income Tax E Filing – Relevant Form

POSTED BY Ram ON July 26, 2012 3:58 pm COMMENTS (3)

Dear friends

Can somebody guide me which type of form (Form-1 or Form-2) to be used for Income Tax e-filing for the following case:

Income from Salary from one employer and Let-out house property income (Rent & Interest paid on housing loan). I have only one house, which is taken on loan and rented out to some body.

There is no other source of income like Bank interest, Short term capital gain etc.

I would like to e-file as the total salary is above 5 LPA.

Thanks, Ram

3 replies on this article “Income Tax E Filing – Relevant Form”

  1. Muthu says:

    But I had a similar case as you. Why don’t you try efiling through It is absolutely free of cost (till 3 pm today )and hassle free. They will generate the ITR for automatically for you. You needn’t worry about which form to choose.
    But, according to me, as you have income/loss from house property, it is mentioned in the government of india income tax website that you need to file ITR2.
    Check the following link:

  2. Muthu says:

    You have to take ITR 2.

    1. Ram says:

      But, Mr. Muthu, yesterday in my office, our accounts team asked me to file ITR1 as I have housing loan for only one house.

      Can somebody clarify the same?


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today

Download Our FREE Ebook!

Available only for first 100 people today