Income Tax Department Form 26AS problem

POSTED BY Pankaj Vasudeo ON January 24, 2013 8:28 pm COMMENTS (3)

Hi there

today i went to CA to file incometax return 

but i was shocked to see 

form 26AS TDS deposited in my account

how is that possible I am having partnership firm and I live in jaipur

TDS credited in my account from Ajmer and 


PART A – Details of Tax Deducted at Source


Sr. No.  

Name of Deductor  

TAN of Deductor

Total Amount
Paid /
Credited ( Rs. )

Total Tax Deducted# ( Rs. )

Total TDS
Deposited ( Rs. )


what to do now and its from 2010-11 

3 replies on this article “Income Tax Department Form 26AS problem”

  1. Baagi says:

    Hi. I have a similar problem. My form 26AS shows SBI Subash Mkt with TAN: HYDS00282C has been deducting some amount as TDS for last 3 years. I do not have any account in this branch and the amount has been varying for the last 3 years. And I have no clue for what and why this has been showing up.
    Iam unable to find any details online with this TAN number. What do I do now? Whom do I approach? Can you please help.


    1. JN says:

      Do you have an account in Defence Colony Branch, Neredmet, Hyderabad?

  2. Dear Pankaj, please contact personally to that Ajmer school & ask them to rectify their mistake. It seems that either the clerical staff of that school has entered a wrong PAN for their staff member or somebody else (staff member) has quoted wrong PAN. This wrong PAN is actually your PAN.

    Alternatively, ask your CA to file your IT return as per your own data & due to TDS mismatch, your case ‘ll come up for demand notice by your assessing officer & at that time, you can clarify this thing.

    Chose whatever option is suitable for you from the above.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.