ICICI Wealth Builder – 100% debt

POSTED BY Rekha ON September 25, 2013 11:52 am COMMENTS (8)

Please suggest if it is advisable to go for Icici Wealth Builder plan that invests the amount in 100% debt. They assure 9% return on corpus and any amount (say 1L premium per year) invested, will be given as 1L/year after 15 years for the life of the person.

8 replies on this article “ICICI Wealth Builder – 100% debt”

1. ashalanshu says:

Dear Rekha, if you really feel that this multiple fund on offer can create wealth for you. Please feel free to invest. Personally I w’d like to keep my insurance and investment separate.

Thanks

Ashal

2. Rekha says:

I started this conversation with 100% debt option but the product offers Multiple portfolio strategies that allows to choose funds of our choice..

3. ashalanshu says:

Dear Rekha, yes your basic understanding is correct. Now do tell me if the product (your policy) is offering only debt as an asset class, how w’d you do ATS?

Thanks

Ashal

4. ashalanshu says:

Dear Rekha, I assume you are calling yourself an ordinary investor which is not so familier with all these terms. Let me put a question to you – Automatic Transfer Strategy, what do you understand from these wordings?

thanks

Ashal

1. Rekha says:

My understanding is it is an another approach to invest without trying to guess /worry when the market is at peak or at low. It is supposed to protect the investment from extreme fluctuations.

Can some part of investment be put through this.

5. Rekha says:

Thanks Bond and Ashal.
    Will it be beneficial if I opt for Automatic Transfer Strategy. The agent tells that it helps you eliminate the need to time your investment.

Will it reduce the amount of time and decision making that I have to do, if I go for MF selection/rearragement/portfolio management?

Understand it is our hard earned money just wanted to know if any expert in the field who does the management is preferred over doing by normal people like me.

6. ashalanshu says:

Dear Rekha, do you really feel by investing 100% in debt and paying so many charges, you can actually creat WEALTH through this policy? Think over it. where is the surety of return? As per IRDA guidelines, no insurance compnay can provide any guarantee of return in a market linked product.

Thanks

Ashal

7. Bond Bhai says:

There was a similar question sometime back – http://jagoinvestor.dev.diginnovators.site/forum/icici-pru-wealth-builder

Also question yourself as to why you need a ULIP over a Mutual Fund/Term Plan combo.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.