POSTED BY November 27, 2013 6:45 pm COMMENTS (3)ON
Recently noticed that there is no fixed set of docs that companies ask to verify the HRA claims by employees. Here are a few examples:
1. Some ask for only rent receipts for all months with owner + tenant and other details.
2. Some mandatorily ask for rent agreement + rent receipts.
As with the new CBDT circular that if rent paid exceeds 1 lakh p.a, owner needs to also provide PAN [But which owner will as they all are taking only cash and its unaccounted], I need to know the following aspects:
1. What is the mandated set of docs needed to claim HRA ?
2. Will the set of docs recieved by the companies as tax proofs be submitted to IT Dept?
3. What to do is the owner does not budge to reveal his PAN details?
Note : The IT Dept and Govt are bent on harassing the salaried class to the core with all such measures as this circular was floated in Oct2013 !