HRA claimed less than that was paid originally

POSTED BY vikhyatshukla ON March 20, 2012 4:41 pm ONE COMMENT

My rent is 9000/-.I submitted rent receipts  of 6500/-to my company as a part of document submissions for IT Exemptions.upon receeiving my payslip i found out that this slab was the least possible for exempt(Rent-10%).So a sum was taxable and tax was deducted. I still did not not received form16.Can i go ahead changing the rent receipts (Rent receipts have already been provided. I mean to say Revised rent receipts) so as to get my tax back from the company or through ITR.If so how should i proceed with the changes.

One reply on this article “HRA claimed less than that was paid originally”

  1. Dear vikhyatshukla, please do not worry, you may claim your excess tax as refund from the income tax dept. Please quote the right HRA amount & thus right taxable income & accordingly claim your refund.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.