POSTED BY March 29, 2014 10:08 pm COMMENTS (4)ON
I was reading this article – http://www.subramoney.com/2013/03/investments-savings-or-expense/ and got confused a bit about tracking investment
Taking an example of a person earning 1000 Rs./month, how he should record his expense, investment & savings for following scenario
1) 100 Rs. in FD
2) 300 Rs. for food, clothing, shelter and other expenses.
3) 100 Rs. in Savings account
4) 100 Rs. in PPF
5) 100 as some Loan EMI
6) 300 Rs. in equities
* How should be the investment in PPF / Equities / FD and its return be tracked/recorded ?
* How will be the breakup of Principal + Interest be categorized ? OR
* Should all investment be considered as -ve and Principal + Interest be considered as +ve ?
It would be great if any one can give me visual example.