How to remove the name from CIBIL

POSTED BY Suresh Agarwal ON October 23, 2012 5:39 pm COMMENTS (6)


5 years back I transfered from Pune to Pimpri.I hold the credit card of City Bank.I use the card rarely.The bill was sent to Pune office adress.Unfortunatly I was in mind that there is no dues pending.I did not recieve any call on my cellphone regarding the dues.After 1 year of time they (City bank) contacted at my residential landline phone I was shocked and asked them why were you not contacted me earlier?anywaythey tell me the due amt of Rs.5000 including the penalties and interest.I appolised for the delayed payment and requested them not to charge penlties they agreed and told me to pay the amt  approx Rs 2000 waiving penalty.I paid the amt suggested by them.They also agreed not to inform at CIBIL.I paid the amt immediaty.But after a long period of time I came to know that my name was appeared in CIBIL. 

Please suggest me how shall I remove my name from CIBIL?

6 replies on this article “How to remove the name from CIBIL”

  1. Dear Suresh, to clear your name, first pay off the remaining dues to CITI bank & avail a No Dues Certificate. After that ask there to update your status in CIBIL report. After 1-1.5 months, check your report in CIBIL & if the problem remains there, please file a dispuite with CIBIL & CIBIL on your behalf with CITI bank.



  2. Credexpert says:

    Dear Mr Agarwal,

    You will get the customer care numbers from the website.

    The fact seems to be that you were late in your payments – for whatever reasons.

    Ensure your current address is with the bank to avoid similar situations in the future.
    Bank statements etc. will not help as the credit report already reflects your payment history etc.

    A new credit card would be at the discretion of the issuing bank and their view on your credit report and score.


  3. BanyanFA says:

    the only way is to contact the bank which put your records with CIBIL in the first place. This is the process which is followed and there would be no way CIBIL would entertain your request directly.

    Even the respective bank would entertain your request if they believe that the default did not happen.

    Banyan Financial Advisors

  4. Credexpert says:

    Dear Mr. Agarwal,

    The responsibility to pay is entirely yours and if the bank does not follow up, it does not switch responsibility to them in any manner or extent. Also, when you shifted address you should have informed them. This is very important for the future.

    You cannot just remove payment history or delays from the CIBIL records. The bank has to report the facts and the facts are that you delayed the payment. The negative impact of this delay, will diminish with time.


    1. Suresh Agarwal says:

      Thank you
      I agreed with you.

      May I know the City Bank Card Email address for contact.

      Can I start my credit card again?

      Is the following will help me
      1)The statements of current credit cards HDFC,ICICI,for last 6 to 12 months or more.
      2)My bank a/c statements for last 6 to 12 months or more.

      Please suggest me.

      Suresh Agarwal

      1. You can contact to their customer care and get the details from there, check on thier website .

        Also you will have to pay them the full dues if any, only after that you can ask if them if your old credit card will be revived or not .

        In any case, you can always get a secured credit card against a FD


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.