How to make a correction in Index 2 due to clerical error ?

POSTED BY Keyur Jinwala ON December 23, 2013 6:21 pm ONE COMMENT


I have bought a flat in Pune. I got my agreement done in Aug 2013. Just now while applying for loan, I realized a minor difference between property agreement and Index 2. In property, area of the flat is mentioned as 65.03 sq m (which is actual provided by builder) whereas in Index 2 area of the flat is mentioned as 64.03 sq m (due to clerical typo error)

Because of this difference, SBI is not approving home loan.

Can you answer following queries?

1. What do I need to do now? Is there any alternate arrangement to get the loan approved (like getting affidavit on stamp paper with correction)

2. If that can be done, is it advisable? Or should I get a new Index 2 created? Is that even possible to get a new Index 2? What is the process?

3. What is correction deed? My builder mentioned about correction deed for Index 2. Will I get a new Index 2 in that process? If so, is it advisable? Will I face any issue in future (may be while selling the flat) if I go ahead with this difference in Index 2 and Property agreement?

Please help me in this regard as it is a bit urgent since it is delaying sanction of my loan.

One reply on this article “How to make a correction in Index 2 due to clerical error ?”

  1. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Keyur, if correction is possible in Index 2 as per your builder, opt it.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.