How to file income tax return for AY 2010-11

POSTED BY Ashutosh Agarwal ON February 25, 2013 7:43 pm COMMENTS (7)

Hi

Kindly guide me with the process to file income tax return for AY 2010-11. As per the ITR preparation, there is some refund due on it as well. I have already consulted a CA and he is indicating that it is not possible to file income tax return for AY 2010-11 now, and also that there is no way to claim refund.

Thank You

7 replies on this article “How to file income tax return for AY 2010-11”

1. Dear Ashutosh, As I said, you are already well past of the latest filing date, so you can not file. Still if you want to try your luck, please file your ITR on your own in physical mode. Actually your CA is advising you rightly & you should accept this 22K Rs. refund loss.

Thanks

Ashal

2. Dear Ashutosh, How much refund is at stake? The latest date you could file your IT was closure of AY 2011-2012 (FY 2010-2011). You are already well past that date. Still try your luck in the link shared by me. Alternatively, you may file physical return also.

Thanks

Ashal

1. Ashutosh Agarwal says:

Dear Ashal

The refund amount due is about 22k. I am looking help in terms of any extra document that need to be attached along with the original ITR and will appreciate if you/others can guide on this.

Unfortunately my CA says that nothing can be done.

Thank You
      Ashutosh

3. Ashutosh Agarwal says:

Hi Ashal

The ITR is only for the interest income for some Bank FD that I had in India. There is no salary or business income for the corresponding financial year.

Thank You
    Ashutosh

4. Dear Ashutosh, thanks for the clarification, please check the below link.

http://jagoinvestor.dev.diginnovators.site/2010/01/how-to-miss-your-income-tax-returns-itr-deadline-and-still-enjoy.html

By the way, May I know, your ITR was for salary income or business income mainly?

Thanks

Ashal

5. Ashutosh Agarwal says:

Dear Ashal

I was not in India during the past few years and had requested a CA to take care of the my tax filing. However he met with a tragic accident as in no more. In this process, I lost track of the tax return and hence came to realize the same last month only.

I am somewhat clear about the consequences and challenges of the situation, but hope to receive some advice in good faith.

Thank You
    Ashutosh

6. Dear Ashutosh, You mean to say, you forget to file your ITR for AY 2010-2011 & now in AY 2013-2014, you have come to know of your mistake (more than the mistake, it’s the refund amount which is luring you now).

Are you aware that for a late filed ITR, there may be a penalty as well as losses like home loan, capital loss carry over….. claimed by you can be denied altogether by your assessing officer. Are you ready for it? Your CA is right. Still if you want to try your luck, please file your late ITR.

Thanks

Ashal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.