How to calculate surrender value for LIC future plus (T. no. 172) policy

POSTED BY Lavanya Thomas ON January 7, 2013 2:52 pm COMMENTS (7)

Dear friends,

I have invested Rs. 1,00,000 in LIC future plus as a lumsum single premium plan. Now i am thinking of taking back the money (given that market is doing good).

How to calculate the return value? Its directly calculating no. units x nav price?

Please let me know

Thanks

7 replies on this article “How to calculate surrender value for LIC future plus (T. no. 172) policy”

1. Chintan Bipin Vaishnav says:

I have purchased live future plus policy of rs.10000 lumsum on31/03/2005 now I want money back please give me information about today s surrender value

1. Hi Chintan Bipin Vaishnav

The best answer you can get only from the agent you invested through or just contact the company. The thing is your case is a bit personalised and other than company, no one can give accurate information

Manish

2. Kamalkumar says:

Sir
    I had invested in future Plus in May 2006 and now it’s completed .May I get money back and how much.

1. Hi Kamalkumar

The best answer you can get only from the agent you invested through or just contact the company. The thing is your case is a bit personalised and other than company, no one can give accurate information

Manish

3. this is actually more like a balanced fund with some debt component. So you should not be looking at market ups or downs and timing your exit.

In any case the tax will burn a hole esp. if you are in the 30% slab

11% is actually pretty decent return in the last 6 years.

My take would be to be stay invested. If your goal is far away increase the equity component. As you goals nears (3 years away) shift from equity and move to debt that way your returns from equity will be protected.

4. Lavanya Thomas says:

Thanks FFC.

Whats your advise? whether to surrender or not? I have invested 6 years back and i got around 11% annualized returns..

I don’t have any emergency now but i thought of taking it out since the market is upward now.

5. if you policy is 2 years old you will get the accumulated value
    bet. 1-2 years you will lose 2% of the accumulated value as surrender charge
    less than 1 year 4%

however if you surrender the amt will be taxable as income in the year of surrender as this is a pension plan

do think twice before surrendering

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.