How Can I change my address in PAN card ?

POSTED BY kannadi ON January 7, 2014 2:10 pm COMMENTS (2)

I was initially alloated a PAN Number in the name of “KANNADI P V”. I rechanged my residence from Ghaziabad to Bangalore and applied to get my address in PAN card to be changed. While submitting the application online for address correction, the system was NOT allowing me to enter my name as “KANNADI P V” and was asking me to expand the initials. Hence I submitted the application after expanding the initials i.e., “KANNADI PALGHAT VIJAYAN”.

Please note that the proof of identity that was submitted “SSLC Certificate” is the same that I submitted while applying of the certificate. All the proofs related to identity and residence have the same name i.e., “KANNADI P V”.

I got a mail from stating I need to submit proofs with my initials expanded.I am not interested in getting my name changed in the PAN but only the address. I would really appreciate if you could let me know how to get it changed.

2 replies on this article “How Can I change my address in PAN card ?”

  1. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Kannadi, the expanded name ‘ll remain there in your PAN Record but the name on Card ‘ll be the one you w’d like to have. so it ‘ll remain as Kannadi P V.



  2. akv says:

    While filing up the form there is a field called Name as you would like it printed on the card , Here you can fill it as KANNADI P V. In the fields first name , last name and middle name you can’t use abbreviations , that is government policy.

    This is the form for correction (individuals).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.