POSTED BY April 23, 2014 6:03 pm COMMENTS (4)ON
Though i’ve been investing for quite some years, i’d not been so serious on wealth management and creating the required fund for retirement and children. My recent discussion with my brother opened my eyes and on his advise i’ve been going through this forum for a couple of days. It would be helpful if i too get some suggestions on financial planning for my life.
my age is 35.
monthly take home (along with spouse) 1.2L
life insurance 5L & 3L
PF thro company til date for both 7L
LIC Jeevan Suraksha for both 7L
Apart from these i’ve following SIP
HDFC Equity Fund 4k (since 2008)
franklin Flexi cap fund 2k (since 2010)
canara rebacco gold etc 1k (since a yr)
i’ve a home loan emi of 26k
rd for my 2 children’s school education expenses 17k
i also have some investments for nearly 3L in various bonds and funds like dsp br, idfc infra, jpmorgan, LnT, etc.
We both have ppfs, but have not invested full 2L so far ::(
I’ve been talking to some financial agents as well.
My questions are:
1. I realize that the insurance cover we have is very minuscule. Is a term insurance needed? If so how much and who is the best?
2. Are the SIP funds good ones or do i switch? Do i need to increase the SIP amount in the existing or create a new SIP?
3. One FA told me to park excess money in liquid funds. Which is good?
4. For my children’s higher education corpus (after 10 yrs and 15 yrs), what sort of plan should i chose?
5. For retirement, what plan to choose?