Hdfc top 200 and equity rating reduced to 4star

POSTED BY logaraja ON November 7, 2012 5:11 pm COMMENTS (5)

Hi,

I am investing in both HDFC top 200 and hdfc equity.In value research online website both funds ratings fallen from 5 star to 4 star.Should I have to switch my investment to some other fund?Please guide me.

Regards,

Logu

5 replies on this article “Hdfc top 200 and equity rating reduced to 4star”

1. Dear Logaraja, what’s the update from you now?

thanks

Ashal

2. Vikash says:

If you continue to change your fund just because rating on alue research online declined from 5 to 4 star, Then in next 10 years, you have to change fund at least 10 times and you will be lucky if return would be 10% CAGR or par with index.

HDFC 200 fund is one of the best large cap fund. Continue your investment. Also, do remember that in last 5 years, market has gone no where. So, performance of the fund is still good.

3. TheZionView says:

No its too soon to talk down a fund like HDFC top200

I would watch another year before taking a decision. HDFC top200 was not top performer in 2007 as Prashant did not take concentrate bets on in trend stocks..but he compensated with super performance in 2009 beating index by great margin.

The recent performance is not bad either if you compare the index/benchmark its just that few other funds have performed above it.

give it another year and decide then

4. logaraja says:

Thanks for your reply.

5. Biswa Singh says:

I think it happened one or two months back as i saw Dherendera’s interview one month back on CNBC awaz where he told he has reduced the rating. But i have also seem many other experts still advising to invest in HDFC Top 200 and not suggesting to switching from it. Even Dherend did not suggest to switch from HDFC Top 200.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.