POSTED BY June 7, 2011 4:02 pm COMMENTS (8)ON
I’ve very recently discovered this site/forum and finding it to be very helpful.
I’m 30 and would like to take a Mediclaim policy covering me and my dependent parents. I’ve zeroed on to Oriental’s Happy Family Floater Policy, but have got a few additional questions.
1. Does this policy provide cashless benefit or only reimbursements?
2. Is there any age limit for inclusion of dependent parents? Although the prospectus doesn’t mention any but the Premium Calculator on Oriental’s site does not allow parents aged above 60y to be included.
3. Is the renewal tenure limited only to the age of the principal member? Or does it involve dependents’ ages also?
4. What happens to the policy if the principal member dies?
5. From where to find the list of network hospitals (across India) that this policy covers?
6. If I now opt for the Silver plan then will it be possible later to migrate to the Gold plan?
7. The prospectus does not provide details about covering of pre-existing diseases or waiting periods with respect to specific diseases. How to find out more about these?
I tried calling up the Toll-Free number mentioned on Oriental’s site but that didn’t help. So hoping someone on this forum will help me out.