Forgot to pay Rs 10,000 for my old credit card and went out of India , Would my CIBIL score messed up ?

POSTED BY kalyan1203 ON March 29, 2014 6:13 pm COMMENTS (2)

Hi ,

I would like to apply for a home loan. Actually i was out of India for past 5 years i.e, from 2009. During 2007-2009 i had a personal loan with GE MONEY with an outstanding amount of  Rs 10000/-. I simply forgot about it. Now in the CIBIL Report the status of the PL is being shown as WRITTEN-OFF for the above amount+interest(Rs 60000/-).If i go for a home loan what will happen now ?

Can i talk to the GE MONEY & settle the amount, if so would they remove the WRITTEN-OFF status & change it to some thing positive?

Regards,

Kalyan

2 replies on this article “Forgot to pay Rs 10,000 for my old credit card and went out of India , Would my CIBIL score messed up ?”

1. Credexpert says:

Dear Kalyan,

We would suggest that you repay the complete outstanding balance to GE Money. Ensure that you obtain a NOC for the same and that the Written – off remark is removed from your CIBIL credit report.

Note that even after repaying the complete outstanding balance, the late payments would still reflect on your credit report since these are facts related to your credit history. However, your willingness to repay indicates your improved cash flows and can work in your favour.

Regards,
    Credexpert
    http://www.credexpert.in

2. ashalanshu says:

Dear Kalyan, please pay in full to get your name cleared. anything in between ‘ll put you still in negative light.

Thanks

Ashal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.