POSTED BY sghotge ON September 9, 2014 5:42 pm NO COMMENTS

‘X’ works in India for Five Years, is a Tax-payer, and has a “Salary Account” with ICICI Bank, with Net-Banking enabled. He then joins a USA college for his MS, opens a new account with a US Bank. Can he transfer some of HIS OWN funds, accumulated in ICICI Bank (after all taxes duly paid) to HIS OWN account in US, for the purpose of funding HIS OWN Education and Living Expenses?

If yes, what is the process? If not, why this is not allowed? (RBI has liberal scheme for Forex Remittances for Education, which gets defeated in the process, with all formalities and documentations, esp since every ICICI Bank exec takes a different view, causing the Customer to run from-pillar-to-post)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.