Filing Return after a gap of 7 years

POSTED BY poorvi ON January 24, 2014 12:12 pm COMMENTS (2)

Hi, My mom who is retired from service since 2006 has not filed ITR as her income was within the limit. But last March there has been a TDS on FD. To claim the refund can she file now? Or will there be any problem?

Pls advise.

2 replies on this article “Filing Return after a gap of 7 years”

  1. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Poorvi, please file her ITR if not filed already. Your mother ‘ll get her refund. To save TDs, please file Form 15H in April every year to the bank where FDs are maintained.



  2. Sumit says:

    Should not be a problem.

    But you should have been submitted 15H in the bank for your mother (senior citizens ) if the earning is not taxable, so that bank would not deduct the TDS from FD interest.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.