Exempt income

POSTED BY Dr Ramesh Prasad ON July 18, 2013 12:09 pm COMMENTS (3)

Dear Sir,
I had invested in equity mutual fund for about two years by SIP four years back.
I had had partial redemption of some units in December,2012.
I do not remember the total amount invested for which redemption was done.
So, I cannot calculate the long-term capital gain( tax-free income).
I have to mention the Exempt income in my income-tax return.
Can I mention the total redemption amount as Exempt income ?
Please advise.

3 replies on this article “Exempt income”

  1. Bunker Guide says:

    Do sites like icicidirect.com report the exact and correct capital gains in the accounts?

    Eg. They maybe calculating Sell-Buy and reporting that amount as capital gain, but do they subtract the annual Demat Account charges (Rs 505)? Is such deduction allowed while calculating STCG or LTCG?

  2. Nagarajan Santhan says:

    Hi Ramesh

    You can get your statement from your AMC or RTA site over mail. You will find all your transactions in the statement.

    Which fund house you are investing ?


  3. Mohit Pandey says:


    you can get the capital gain (short/long) from the AMC sites or else you can ask for the capital gain statement by calling their customer care or by sending a mail.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.