Disputed Property between my father and brother – help us !

POSTED BY sohilgupta ON January 14, 2014 9:13 am COMMENTS (3)


My grandfather had a property in his name in Delhi. He passed away without a will. Currently my father and his brother are fighting in the court for that property and no out of court settlement is possible. My father’s condition is not well these days. I have a brother who has married a very greedy and evil girl against my father’s approval and wants everything for themselves cutting me out of my rightful share.

Right now, my brother and his wife and my father’s brother are staying in that property on STAY ORDER. Is there any thing I can do to get in WRITING from my father that would ensure I would be getting my share without any conflicts from my brother if my father passes away before the judgement of court?

3 replies on this article “Disputed Property between my father and brother – help us !”

  1. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Sohil, as the property is already disputed, just make sure nobody purchase it without your knowledge. The facility you are demanding (part ownership registration) is not available due to ongoing dispute.



  2. sohilgupta says:


    Is there any registered document that I can get regarding distribution of shares. Like in case of will, the assets are listed and registered from court which noone can challenge. Is there any such kind of thing as well for share in the disputed property that I can show in court?

  3. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Sohil, as the property in question is an inherited property, you and your brother have equal rights in your father’s share. Without your consent, the property can not be sold to a 3rd party, outside the family. Try to contact your uncle and brother for a family settlement. It’s more a legal issue than personal finance one. As the property is already under a court case, relax. Your own rights are intact.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.