Different names in different document – Any Suggestions ?

POSTED BY devenkhandelwal ON February 10, 2014 9:33 pm COMMENTS (8)


I have all the documents DL, PAN, Passport, bank account, degree…all with the fathers name as vipin bansal. But in fathers document namely DL, PAN, bank account, name is vipin kumar gupta. So i am afraid that it will create problem in future. like in case i have corporate mediclaim policy in that father name is vipin bansal.

So how should i resolve this problem?

1. change the father’s name as vipin bansal. Then apply for new PAN with changed name for father.

2. change the father name in my documents as vipin kumar gupta.

Please help

8 replies on this article “Different names in different document – Any Suggestions ?”

  1. devenkhandelwal says:

    I checked my all the certificates, but every where name is vipin bansal.
    so i dont have any document to support to prove fathers name as vipin gupta.
    So as per your suggestion i can make a affidavit stating that vipinn bansal in my document is actually vipin gupta to avoid any future conflict.
    But what should i write in fathers name fiesd for Health Policy, new voter card, in job applications?

    1. ashalanshu says:

      Dear Deven, please start correcting your father’s name from educational certificate first. Once that’s done, go for name correction in other documents.



  2. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Deven, please contact your 10th Board authorities for correction in name. Once 10th and after that 12th is over. Go for Graduation and other educational certificates. So in a sense, first target all your educational certificates.

    Once this is done, opt for PAN, Driving License, Passport, Ration Card etc.



  3. devenkhandelwal says:

    Thanks Ashal for detailed answer. I want to know from which document should i start changing names how can i change father’s name in school certificates? and down the line PAN, Passport, DL etc.

  4. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Deven, as I guessed right, your problem had started from your school certificates. Now you need to get it corrected in all documents, starting from school certificates.

    Alternatively, prepare an affidavit and get it notorized that the person named as Vipin Bansal as father in all your documents is actually Vipin Gupta. Both names are for same person and you are declaring this to avoid any future conflict due to name mismatch. Keep this affidavit with you.



  5. devenkhandelwal says:

    Its vipin bansal in 10th 12th school certificates.

    1. radhevajrakaya says:

      Contact a lawyer he/she might be very helpful. In many cases even a high court authorization is given as a proof.

  6. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Deven, what’s the name of your father in 10th and 12th school certificfates? I think the problem lies there not in current documents.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.