Deposit cheques with name BEFORE marriage in account with name AFTER marriage

POSTED BY Viral D ON July 23, 2014 6:42 pm ONE COMMENT

Hello All,

In my case, the amount of reward/claim for my father’s death will be given in four equal parts among us family members: Me, my mother & both of my sisters. Now, the cheques & FDs will have the name on it as they were at the time of my father’s death. Both of my sisters got married in between, and as a result, both of them have now different middle name & last name. Now, none of them have any bank account before marriage.

My question is: What to do in this case? Also, any better solution to this problem is always welcome.

P.S. : We have a join account (Me & both of my sisters – 3 persons) with their name name(s) after marriage (i.e., changed) & I am planning to have the amount and FDs to be deposited/linked with that account.

One reply on this article “Deposit cheques with name BEFORE marriage in account with name AFTER marriage”

  1. Hemanth Chandra says:

    Have you asked the insurance company whether they can issue a cheque with new name ? I hope you have all the supporting documents like marriage, name change certificates of your sisters…..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.