Child plans or mutual funds – where to invest for children education?

POSTED BY Ramakrishna ON December 10, 2013 5:53 am COMMENTS (2)

hi sir,

my son is 3 months old. i want to start investment for his education. for that should i look for child plans or mutual funds like HDFC Children’s Gift Investment Plan or any other. i can invest upto Rs5000 per month. please suggest good one.



2 replies on this article “Child plans or mutual funds – where to invest for children education?”

  1. ashalanshu says:

    Dear Rama, when ‘ll you need the money?



  2. swapnil.kendhe100 says:

    Dear Ramkrishna,

    I would recommend you to first get adequate term insurance cover and then invest in mutual fund.
    HDFC children plan is not a bad option but only problem I see with this fund is that money will go into the hands of your child when he turns 18.
    Would you like to give control of this money to your child at that age.

    I would recommend you to choose good large cap funds and start investing in them. You can even put 1000 in midcap.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.