Broker commission

POSTED BY sunnyvijay ON January 27, 2013 10:43 pm COMMENTS (2)

Hi experts,

house brokers take generally one month rent as commision when we search for rent accomadation.

Is that amount exempted from tax ?



2 replies on this article “Broker commission”

  1. Dear sunny, A plain answer is no. Only the amount given by you to your landlord for the rent of the house is eligible for tax benefit under HRA rules. Any other money paid to any other person, is not available for HRA related tax benefit.



  2. Srinivas says:

    No. Only bills signed by house owner come under HRA.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.