Address to be entered on ITR SAHAJ tax return

POSTED BY Bunker ON June 25, 2013 5:31 pm COMMENTS (3)

I had my PAN obtained in 1999 under Jurisdiction A because that area was my communication and residence address. The tax returns remained in Jurisdiction A. I obtained a property far away from that address and was “self-occupied” and continued to stay in that property. Address of that property is not in the AO of Jurisdiction A.

I updated my permanant address on my PAN in 2006 as I owned the property in Jurisdiction B. Yet, the jurisdiction of my PAN remained the same as Jurisdiction A. Even today I can see the Jurisdiction is same AO which was in 1999.

ITR-1 SAHAJ form has place for interest on housing loan, however, there is no way to mention the address of the property like form ITR-2 has.

What communication address should I write on ITR SAHAJ this year? Should I write the C/o address of Jurisdiction A which is also the AO on my PAN even though I dont reside there? This will enable the return to process in the AO of Jurisdiction A. 

Or should I write the address of Jurisdiction B which is my permanant address of my PAN and also the property which I own? But that address is not in AO of Jurisdiction A! I dont know the AO of my self-occupied property so what will I enter there.

3 replies on this article “Address to be entered on ITR SAHAJ tax return”

  1. Dear Bunker, you need to quote your current AO, in ITR form, the system ‘ll take care of it automatically. 🙂



  2. Dear Bunker guide, Your current Residential address should be mentioned in your ITR form this year. As al future posts relarted to ITR- 2013-2014 (AY) ‘ll come to the address mentioned by you in ITR form.



    1. Bunker Guide says:

      Dear Ashal, Thanks for reply.

      a) How will I know the Jurisdiction AO Code of my current address? I know it for the previous address. Can I write my current address and still write my AO Code as shown for previous address?

      b) How will the IT records from Jurisdiction A to B move? Both are different circles and offices are some 100 km apart. Does the taxpayer and return filer need to do something for moving records?

      c) What will happen if I continue to file return at Jurisdiction A by providing previous address of Jurisdiction A? If I wish not to move my Income tax records from Jurisdiction A, can such wish be fulfilled and allowable? What’s there in a jurisdiction and AO code when everything is online?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.