Financial Literacy comics for your Children

POSTED BY manish ON June 30, 2010 COMMENTS (17)

How do you teach Children about different concepts of Banking , earning money , Loans from Bank , Interest earned on money , Investing Vs Saving and other concepts and at the same time make it fun and time pass for them ? Reserve bank of India has some excellent comics which are very educational/informative and at the same time fun for little children , They give very foundation to your children and teaches them fundamental and internal rules about currency , Banking concepts , Interest on deposits and loans and some very good life lessons like Hard work , not cheating anyone etc . I would say you should also read these comics , I personally gained a lot of information from reading these comics and came to know lot of things which we never know 🙂 . Read all of them in Full Page view .

Raju and the Money Tree :

This comics teaches children about working hard and how they should look at enterpreuner ship . this also teaches some basic banking concepts .

Raju and the skyladder

This comics teaches your child about basic banking concepts like different kind of Bank accounts , joint accounts, cheques , do and donts of banking

Money kumar and caring for your currency

This comics talks about currency note and coins and how RBI sets up Legal tender to exchange coins for notes and to replace the currency notes in bad shapes 🙂 .

Raju and the magical goat

This is an awesome comics and teaches children a lot of concepts like common sense , Loans from bank for education , house , Mortgage , how to trick others and be smart .

RBI and Monitory Policy

This comics gives knowledge about Inflation , how RBI controls and money supply and checks the inflation using CRR and reverse Repo .

Source : Reserve Bank of India

Get FREE call back from Jagoinvestor Team

First Name*
Email*
Mobile*
City*
Yearly Income*
Time to Talk*
Which Package*
Your Requirement
Lead Source
Lead Status

17 replies on this article “Financial Literacy comics for your Children”

1. Bindu Bhat says:

THanks Manish for this great resource. Really good one to help children get interested in this topic.

2. kishan says:

Is there a way to download these pdf’s ?
    If yes, pls send me the link.

regards
    Kishan

1. Kishan

Go to http://www.rbi.org.in/financialeducation/home.aspx and then go to “For School Kids” , when you go to a page there , you can see a PDF link in the top rght , download it there. .

1. kishan says:

Thanks Manish.

3. Mrinali says:

Very good work done by the Content developers, designers and artists of Information Cell of RBI. The Comic series is highly informative, easy to understand and connect with the reader especially Children and ppl from low income group. Great Inititiative towards Mission Financial Education.

Mrinali

1. Mrinali

Thanks , yes .. we need more of these comics to spread financial literacy at school level

4. Sanjay says:

What I bought for my kids was lovely book on investing and business by Yogesh Chabria called Happionaire’s Money Game. Published by CNBC.

Please read it and review it. It really is inspiring and helpful for kids in today’s materialistic world.

1. Sanjay

I have seen that book .. looks good to me 🙂

5. caribou says:

This is a very good post. I download them. Oneday I’ll print out, and then I’ll used it o teach my childrens about banking and money management.

1. Good luck 🙂

6. Pingback: Fresh From Twitter today « Pictures Tell The Story
  7. Aditya says:

I’ve read this …and i loved it.. gr8 comics.. gives very basic and indepth information..

1. Aditya

Nice . I am sure you agree that not just children , even parents need it 🙂

1. Aditya says:

I totally agree and i would say parents need it more then kids,now a days kids are smarter then parents 😀 and i’ve read these comics a year ago,i would say these comics added a lot to my financial knowledge as i knew very little about the finance world at that time and there are many basic things in these comics that most of the people don’t know,so these comics are must read for everyone.

1. Aditya

Even I got to know a lot of stuff which I didnt knew 🙂 .

Comments are closed.

More than 1,50,000 investors across the world trust & read Jagoinvetor articles. Subscribe for emails updates and get instant access to a free ebook.

Jagoinvestor is one of the most trusted personal finance websites which writes on various topics like financial planning, mutual funds, insurance and banking.

Download Our FREE Ebook!