Want to surrender LIC Jeevan Saral policy.

POSTED BY SACHIN VAMAN SHIVGAN ON April 28, 2012 3:52 pm COMMENTS (30)

Dear Manish,

I have taken LIC Jeevan Saral policy for me and my son with yearly premium of Rs 53440/- from April 2008.
i have also invested in mutul funds through sip. Now i want to purchase term insurance plan.
Can you please sugget me what to do with jeevan saral policy?
What will happen if i stop paying premium? Do i need to wait for 10 years to receive all that money which i have paid from last 4 years.
Waiting for your kind reply.
Regards
Sachin

30 replies on this article “Want to surrender LIC Jeevan Saral policy.”

1. Gourab Roy says:

Dear Sir,

I have a Jeevan Saral Policy with an annual premium of Rs.36030/- since January 2012 onward and policy term is 35 Years. I have paid premium since last 05 years and now my next premium is due on 14/01/1017. Sir, I have some queries regarding the policy please guide me.

1. Sir, is it worthy to continue the policy further, if not the when to surrender to get maximum benefit.
    2. I am planning to invest the same amount in my PPF account will that be worthy as compared to Jeevan Saral.

1. Better surrender it !

2. Bijit Phukan says:

Sir
    My Jeevan saral policy number 343852666 who is taken Bhopal Indoor Division monthly premium 1547 I payed monthly premium through my salary A.c .Before 5 years ago I transfer west Bangal then times I didn’t receipt premium receipt .Can I surrender this policy online

1. No online. You need to visit the branch for that

3. vinuthakor says:

Dear Manish chuahanji and Ashal johari Ji , I have jivan saral purchased in10/10/ 2010 and premium is 18000.now I want to surrender the policy can I receive full amount paid .?

1. No , you will not get full amount.. better talk to your agent on this

4. Somnath says:

Hello Sir,
    I have jeevan saral lic policy and paid premium 12000/- per year as half yearly upto 4.5 years
    If I surrender now how much amount will I receive
    and
    if surrender after completing 5 years how much

1. naveen says:

Hello Sir,
      I have jeevan saral lic policy and paid premium 33000/- per year for 4 years
      If I surrender now how much amount will I receive

1. Hi naveen

The best answer you can get only from the agent you invested through or just contact the company. The thing is your case is a bit personalised and other than company, no one can give accurate information

Manish

2. Hi Somnath

The best answer you can get only from the agent you invested through or just contact the company. The thing is your case is a bit personalised and other than company, no one can give accurate information

Manish

1. Monika says:

Agent always cheat the customers

5. Paul says:

could you please explain me on the procedure to close my jeevan saral plan? should I walk in to home branch where I started this plan.
    Home branch is in Pune. but i live in Chennai now.

1. You can first go to local LIC branch and see what they say about it

6. Wasim says:

hi ashal…..i have a jeevan saral policy of early premium Rs. 140000 pa….i have paid premiums for first three years…could you please tell me when should i surrender so that I can get only my premium amount back??? or if thats not possible then when to surrender so that minimum loss is incurred….thanks in advance

7. Mahendra says:

I have taken LIC Jeevan Saral policy for me and with yearly premium of Rs 12010/- from July 2011.Now i want to closed policy, how much amount i will get, Waiting for your kind reply.
    Regards
    Mahendra

8. rakesh says:

I have taken LIC Jeevan Saral policy for me and with yearly premium of Rs 19216/- from May 2011.
    Now i want to closed policy
    how much amount i will get
    Waiting for your kind reply.
    Regards
    rakesh

9. nachikets says:

I am more or less in similar situation. An employee from LIC office suggested me not to surrender the policy after 4 or 5 years, as that will incur losses. Instead she suggested to stop paying premium after 4 years, and then surrender after around 2 or 2.5 more years. This is because it improves the chances of gaining some amount over the premiums paid. Of course it does not guarantee the gains as it depends upon the interest rate, but surrendering after 4 years leads to loss with probability 1, and hence stopping the premium and waiting for 2-2.5 more years sounds better.

10. Dear Vivek, do you love your family or your agent’s, lic people, lic officers……. family?

Please answer this simple question.

Thanks

Ashal

1. vivek says:

Of-course family Ashal…

1. Dear Vivek, then why are you so forcefully asking for LIC policies? any special bond with LIC? any reasoning?

Please clarify.

Sample this – paying 24000 Rs. prem. in a policy in LIC, getting a cover of 4-5L Rs. after paying for next 4-5 yeatrs, you are no more. Family ‘ll receive 6-7L Rs.

Paying 5000 Rs. prem. yly in a term plan, & in this case, you family ‘ll get 50L Rs. when you are no more + the saved prem. of 19000 Rs. on yly basis so in all 51 or may be 52L Rs. Now do tell me, which option is better?

thanks

Ashal

11. vivek says:

Dear Ashal,

Thanks for ur prompt response.. 🙂

please advice me abt Jeevan saral or jeevan anand or flexi plus, which one will be good for me and where should i buy plan from my home town or delhi itself.

i can pay 24000 per year for 21 year term

12. Dear Vivek, do you own a vehicle (no matter 2 wheeler or 4 wheeler)? If yes, how much return you are getting from the vehicle insurance policy? As rightly pointed out by dear Ramesh, there is no such policy as you demanded.

I believe in KISS – Keep is simple silly. So what’s there for you in KISS?

Please purchase adequate term cover as per your requirement. Invest the remaining amount in combination of PPF & MFs. That’s it. No surrender charges on your MF money & as it’s Term plan, you need not to worry about return. Till the time, you are alive within policy term, you are creating wealth for your family, if something happens to you during your policy term, your family ‘ll receive a huge amount of money.

Please update me with your views.

Thanks

Ashal

13. vivek says:

Hi Ashal,

I am 23 year old and want to get a policy which have below features,

1) good return
    2) risk cover
    3) No surrender charges not even 1st year premium.

Also i am from Madhya Pradesh n living in delhi please suggest whether i should take policy from my home town or Delhi only.

I have gone through ur posts and would request you to pls help on this also 🙂

1. Ramesh says:

There is no policy with all those features. And there will never be one either.
      So forget it.

Keep things simple.

14. durga says:

Yes, I agree with wealthucreate. Always the agents try to convince you so that you would continue to paying the premiums which will indirectly help them to get their commision.

15. what is your policy tennure? If i was you i would have personally visited the LIC office and check what would be the amount i would be getting if close it off today Vs paying another premium and closing it off after getting the money back.

This details should help you in taking the right decision… dont go to your agent. go to office directly.

16. SACHIN VAMAN SHIVGAN says:

Good to know that I will get my money back after 5 years. Shall i get entire amt. or need to sacrifice some?

1. Dear Sachin, please check with LIC office & not the agent. In all probability, you ‘ll get 90% of the prem. paid excluding the first year prem. So for sake of calculation, out of 2L Rs. paid as 4 prem. till now by you, you ‘ll get 90% of the 1.5L Rs., which is 1.35L Rs.

As rightly pointed out by dear Manish, Jeevan Saral is a bit different product from other policies of LIC, offering gtd. surrender vlaue, so once again I w’d request you to visit LIC office to pin point the surrender value now or next year & accordingly decide.

Thanks

Ashal

17. Sachin

I think jeevan saral is the only LIC policy which gives back a lot of your money after 5 yrs .. just make one more payment and take your money back after 5 payments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.