NPS available through ICICIDirect

POSTED BY Jagoinvestor ON December 10, 2010 7:32 pm COMMENTS (3)

ICICIDirect is now offering NPS through its online portal , how many are going to invest through it ? ICICI Securities Limited (I-Sec) has obtained the Point of Presence (POP) Registration Certificate from PFRDA to offer NPS accounts. Under NPS, following two types of accounts will be available to you:

Tier I account : You shall contribute your savings for retirement into this non-withdrawable account.Tier I account is available.

Tier II account : This is a voluntary savings facility. You will be free to withdraw your savings from this account whenever you wish. The operationalisation of Tier II account shall be notified shortly.

3 replies on this article “NPS available through ICICIDirect”

1. Ashis Patra says:

FYI FundsIndia is also offering NPS subscription

2. Atul says:

I would stick to PPF, Mutual fund and equity.

The service charges as displayed in ICICI direct website is as follows :

Sr. No. Particulars I-Sec Charges Service Charges Service TAX
    1 Initial Subscriber Registration and contribution upload (Tier I) Rs. 40
    (Rs.20 is towards PRAN and Rs.20 towards Initial Subscription Amount) As applicable
    2 Activation of NPS – Tier II Account Rs. 20 As applicable
    3 Regular Contribution Charges Rs. 20 As applicable
    4 Change in Subscriber Nominees Details Rs. 20 As applicable
    5 Change of Investment Scheme/Fund Manager Rs. 20 As applicable
    6 Processing of Withdrawal Requests Rs. 20 As applicable
    7 Processing of request for subscriber shifting Rs. 20 As applicable
    8 Issuance of printed Account statements Rs. 20 As applicable
    9 Any other service services as may be prescribed by PFRDA Rs. 20 As applicable

3. Arch says:

Thats a good move to attract new customers. Any idea if ICICI is adding any extra service charge for this facility?

I would personally still wait and watch as NPS is still not that compelling compared to other market options apart from the low charges.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.