Aviva Term Insurance plan without medical test is good or bad?

POSTED BY Ajay Sharma ON January 26, 2012 11:23 pm COMMENTS (6)

I purchased Aviva Term plan SA-50L , term 35 year and they gave me term policy without any medical test. so here is my question : as i have given all my medical related information correct as per my knowledge but it might be possible that i am not aware of any big diseases so can they question during claim that i have not given the correct information?
when i asked to customer care i got this reply :

We would like to inform you that as per process and underwriting dercision there are no medical test conducted for Sum Assured less than or equal to 50,00,000 if life assured is below 35 years of age.

Further, the Sum Assured will be payable provided there is no non-disclosure or misrepresentation at proposal stage.

so please share your opinion on this .

6 replies on this article “Aviva Term Insurance plan without medical test is good or bad?”

1. ashalanshu says:

Dear Hvishal, thanks for the clarification. Each Insurer is free to charge the prem. it deems fit for the risk on our lives. So the difference lies with IPru or HDFC or Aviva. You may opt both these plans.

Thanks

Ashal

2. Hvishal says:

Hi Ashal

I think you’ve mistaken my statement. I read on this site that one should go for 2 term plans from 2 different companies so I divided 1 CR cover into 50 lac each. Reason for getting medical thing into picture is to understand why HDFC has more premium than ICICI when both are online term plans and without medical. Hope this is clear. Can you now answer my original query?

3. ashalanshu says:

Dear Hvishal, are you afraid of your medical test? Personally I w’d go for a single cover of 1 Crore Rs. for myself.

Thanks

Ashal

4. Hvishal says:

Also for the same SA 50 lac, ICIC iCare option II has around 12k premium and HDFC click2protect has around 8,500 premium. HDFC also doesn’t have medical but premium is lower than ICICI.

5. Hvishal says:

Hi

I want to buy term insurance of up to 1 CR as per the income formula but want to go with two different companies for 50 lac each. I’m planning to buy it from ICICI iCare and HDFC click2protect. Are these good plans, i believe both of these doesn’t require medical. Please suggest.

6. Dear Ajay, for initial 2-3Y in the policy if the claim happens due to illness & that too due to an illness which may be there for past 4-5 years (no matter with out your knowledge) say diabetes, kidney, high BP, heart…. The insurer in this case ‘ll investigate deep & the onus w’d be on your family to prove that at the time of proposal, you or family were not aware of the same illness. Once the policy is quite old, no reason to worry for claim. Not having medical test up to a certain age & sum assured is a common practice.

Thanks

Ashal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.